JOIN TODAY AMERICAN LEGION AUXILIARY
Membership in the American Legion Auxiliary
Membership in The American Legion Auxiliary shall be limited to the:
(1) grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of members of The American Legion; and
(2) grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of all men and women who served in either of the following periods: April 6, 1917, to November 11, 1918 and any time after December 7, 1941 who, being a citizen of the United States at the time of their entry therein served on active duty in the Armed Forces of any of the governments associated with the United States during either eligibility periods and died in the line of duty or after honorable discharge;
(3) grandmothers, mothers, sisters, spouses, and direct and adopted female descendants of all men and women who were in the Armed Forces of the United States during either of the following periods: April 6, 1917, to November 11, 1918; and any time after December 7, 1941 who served on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States during either eligibility periods and died in the line of duty or after honorable discharge; and
(4) to those women who of their own right are eligible for membership in The American Legion.*
* A woman who is eligible for American Legion membership is eligible to join the American Legion Auxiliary regardless of whether or not she is a member of The American Legion. However, eligibility of her female relatives (sister, mother, direct descendants) and/or spouse depends upon her membership in The American Legion.
APPLY TO JOIN AMERICAN LEGION AUXILIARY UNIT 43
1. Complete the American Legion Auxiliary Membership Application:
2. Obtain proof of your eligibility. Note: If the person who provides your eligibility is living, they must be a current member of The American Legion and eligibility documentation is likely not necessary; however you do need to provide his or her American Legion member ID number and Post information on your application.
If the person who provides your eligibility is deceased, acceptable eligibility documents include:
a. DD-214 Discharge Papers (not issued until after the Korean War)
b. Official Military Orders
c. Official Military Service Citations/Awards
d. Letters related to the veteran’s military service. Must be on official government letterhead
e. Certificate from the VA records center in St. Louis
f. Data from the back of older discharges
*DD-214 Discharge Papers can be requested online by visiting
3. EMAIL YOUR APPLICATION AND PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY TO THE ALA MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR:
ALAUnit43@gmail.com (do not snail-mail to state HQ)
4. Once your membership application has been accepted, you will be contacted to join us at meeting and asked for your annual dues payment to American Legion Auxiliary Unit 43. We will process your application and forward dues payment to Department of California Headquarters for processing. You may also PayPal your 2020 Dues of $30 to ALAUnit43@gmail.com. You can also bring your hardcopy paperwork and cash or check to the next meeting.
Thank you for submitting your application for membership. We appreciate your desire to help veterans and their families.
American Legion Auxiliary Unit 43 is a 501(c)(19) nonprofit Veterans Service Organization. EIN 95-4624385